Thursday, June 16, 2005

Love

I'm just not a very loving person.

And how could I be? I'm a fake, filthy, rotten, ugly, self-gratifying, rebellious, self-righteous, judgemental little boy.

Luckily, God doesn't care about any of that. He has even come to dwell in my heart in the person of the Holy Spirit. And he is none of those things.

I pray that I will allow the Spirit to work in and through me--that I will not get in its way.

I want to love the way that Jesus did, the way that only God has. I want to shower everyone of I come into contact with love--pure, unconditional, selfless, agape love. I want to die to myself every day and put on the person of Christ.

I want to love the LORD God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind. Then, I want to love my neighbor as myself.



Donald Miller's "Blue Like Jazz" is a good book.

No comments: