Monday, May 09, 2005

Taking the 'Sex' out of 'Sexy'

David Crowder of the David Crowder band is literally my favorite person in the world right now. "But Cameron," you surely are saying, "You don't know him. He's a national recording artist from Texas and you're just a mild-mannered teenager." To that I say: you're right. But, I don't have to personally know him to think that he is the man. The guy is just funny. He is the literally the only person I can think of that makes me laugh out loud after around 80% of what he types. Yes, types. His xanga was what inspired me to make my own blog. It is just straight awesome. Roland, one of my other favorite peoples in the world, got me his book, "Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi", and I've got to say it... I think I have a little bit of a man-crush on Crowder...

What?

Before I go on, let me define "man-crush" for you:

Man-crush (N) When one heterosexual male has certain feelings for another male that emulate the ones he has for a female object of his adoration. These feelings include a general longing to be near that person, giddyness when one hears that person's voice, and a general deep admiration for that person.

A cookie to anyone who can tell me whether man-crush is a noun or not and, if not, what it actually is because I have no idea. I'm an idiot.

I was first introduced to the phrase "man-crush" by the Grove's very own Drew Caperton, whom Roland introduced me to, and I have to say, it stuck with me. Caperton actually used the phrase referencing Roland, which was not surprising. I'm sure lots of dudes have had man-crushes on my firey-haired amigo. I know I have...

Now, again, there is nothing gay about it. I don't want Crowder's body. I just think he is the man.

In all seriousness, the guy is amazing. Obviously, he is one of the most talented and creative musicians in music today, Christian or otherwise. Surprisingly, however, he is a remarkable writer, as well. The guy has a genuine and true passion for God, which becomes contagious when you read him. His sense of humor is right on par with mine, too (That is not to say that I am anywhere near as funny as him, or funny at all... I just think we look at comedy in a similar way).

David crowder, I salute you.

2 comments:

Drew Caperton said...

It's always nice to see men willing to admit man-crushes (noun, that's right, cookie to me). I currently have a man-crush on none other than Dick Chaney. I didn't vote for him, don't like his politics, in fact, I don't admire him at all, BUT the man is extremely confident in the of overwhelming pressure. Also, he's very scary in a cool way. If I met him in a dark alley, I'd either walk out dead or with a briefcase of one million dollars and no pinky on my right hand. I digress. Thanks Cam for the props, tell Roland that he needs to call me.

Drew Caperton said...

By the way, gotta say again: man-crush aren't like being gay at all, it's the same as calling someone you're hero, but in a much funnier way.